Northern Health is accepting applications for a full time Community Mental Health Nurse for Dawson Creek & District Hospital.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work: 4 days on, 4 days off, 08:00 – 19:15 rotating
This position provides clinical assessment and interventions to clients experiencing problems related to both Mental Health and Addictions, developing interface between Addiction Services, inpatient and out-patient psychiatric services, providing clinical direction on client mental health needs, education and case management to the wider Hospital and Medical staff.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Obtains and processes mental health referrals to the Addiction Service. The mental health referrals may come from a variety of sources such as physicians, other nursing units, MH programs, detox, and Supportive Recovery self referral, crisis line and emergency services.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary clinical rounds across Mental Health & Addictions, Detox planning and discharge, information
- Conducts a comprehensive evaluation and screening of referrals using the Mental Health Status Format and DSM IV criteria. The role identifies the priority of services required and develops initial plan of action to meet identified needs. Works with in the Harm Reduction Framework
- Provides outreach service to other institutions or agencies regarding matters related to improving continuity of care for individuals with mental health and addictions, this includes but is not limited to.
- Acute Psychiatry.
- Needle Exchange.
- Public Health.
- Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Additional training in adult education preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions Co-Morbidity and experience of working with clients with severe and enduring mental illness.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment methodology and community based programming.
- Valid driver’s License.
- Ability to travel as required.
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Shannon.Rodrigues@northernhealth.ca